Recycle old scrabble tiles by making a personalized and one-of-a-kind necklace!
What You Will Need:
- Scrabble Tiles
- Scrapbook Paper or Cardstock
- Utility Knife
- Mod Podge
- Two Jewelry Bails
- Necklace Chain and clasp. ( I bought around a 20 inch chain.)
What to Do:
- Come up with your word. It could be your name, initials, an acronym such as OMG, LOL, or a word like LOVE. Three to four letters work best. A single letter works well too.
- Place Scrabble tiles on the wrong side of the paper, trace around tiles and cut paper to fit.
- Mod Podge the wrong side of the paper and back side of the Scrabble tiles. Glue paper and tiles together.
- Make sure tiles are even. You may need to place some Mod Podge between each Scrabble tile.
- Press firmly on the tiles and allow time to dry.
- Cut away any excess paper with a utility knife.
- Mod Podge the front of the Scrabble tiles and paper.
- Super glue the two jewelry bails on each end of the paper.
- Place the chain through the bails.
- Apply clasp and wear!