|My favorite PJs: Xhilaration for Target; Vase: Mackenzie Childs; IKat Pillows: Nordstroms; Dream Pillow: Pottery Barn|
So often I feel as though I start my day in a rush. It's like, wake up. Get dressed. Squeeze in a bowl of cereal. Go to work. Come home. Rush to the gym. Eat dinner. Shower. Go to bed. Then hit the repeat button for the next four days. This constant routine can put me in a fog, so it is important to focus on how to inject happiness into daily routines. As simple as they are, these are things I do to help my heart and my mind feel at peace:
1. Wake up early. This extra time in the morning helps clear my head and prepare me for the day. It offers a few extra moments to snuggle with Husband, to notice the sun's rays cracking through the bedroom windows; to prepare a healthy breakfast; to walk my dog and say my prayers. When we are early to rise, we are early to shine.
2. Be friendly. Make small talk with people you come into contact with. The fastest way to happiness is by showing your kindness to others. My mood instantly increases just by starting a conversation with a random person and to see them smile.
3. Buy your favorite bouquet of flowers. Who needs a secret admirer to score a bouquet? Buy a bouquet simply because you admire yourself. Besides, there is something about fresh flowers, that bring a sense of beauty into your home. Place them in a room where they can be enjoyed.
4. Burn a candle. I love this fragrance permeating throughout my room. Instant mood enhancer.
5. Don't feel guilty about taking an evening for yourself. You need the morning to wind yourself up, and you need the evening to wind yourself down. Think of yourself as a dancing ballerina in a child's jewelry box. We dance to the music all day. When the music stops and your day stops spinning, enjoy your silence. Enjoy being still.
7. Be mindful of the sunset and the beauty that surrounds you. If you don't see any, search for it.
8. Be appreciative. Share it with others.
I hope you all have a happy and peaceful day. XO